As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make Thanksgiving Acorn People
Table of Contents
Acorns are often used in Thanksgiving crafts. As a matter of fact acorns are produced by oak trees and are one of the main Fall symbols. So, if you have oak trees in your yard, you surely have a huge harvest of acorns even if squirrels preserved a large part of them for the cold winter to come.
Acorn people tutorial
A cute Thanksgiving craft project is to make acorn people using those acorns you found in the backyard or in the local park. These can be created in a wide range of different styles and will greatly help set the Fall tone to the house this Thanksgiving season.
Materials needed to create these cute characters
- A dozen large acorns (they must have tops attached)
- Colorful acrylic paints
- Paint brushes
- Craft glue
- Colorful beads
- Fall themed and colorful ribbon, and other craft decorating items
- 1 black marker
How to make acorn people
- Paint the top of the acorn a colour of your choice
- Paint the bottom of the acorn another colour of your choice
- When paint is dry use a black marker to draw the eyes, nose and mouth on the top half acorn
- Draw clothes on half bottom of the acorn
- Put the finishing touches by gluing pearls, ribbons, bows, or else depending on the character you want your acorn to represent
Tip: if you’re skilled and patient, you can even draw tiny ears, muzzle, tails on a white sheet of construction paper, paint them, cut your forms out and glue them on the acorns to feature animals.
Have fun !