As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sending a handmade St Patrick Day card to your loved ones brings them warmth and love. They’ll be touched and grateful for the effort you put into making such a charming greeting support. Holiday greeting cards available in stores are cute, funny, original, but none of them comes with that unique feeling a handmade St Patrick Day card crafted by yourself would do. This year, show your loved ones (family and friends) your sympathy, friendship and love by spending some time into one of the many easy St Patrick Day crafts.
Send a handmade St Patrick Day card to your loved ones
Table of Contents
Greeting cards can be costly depending on the design and features that come with each card. They’re all produced in mass and none are made by hand. This implies that they don’t come with that so special unique feeling something handmade includes.
So if you’re feeling creative and care for your budget this year, you’ll want to explore the wide range of easy St Patrickc’s Day crafts you can get inspired from. Here is a tutorial for handmade St Patrick Day cards that you can replicate effortlessly. You can customize them even more with some creativeness.
The extra time and effort will be greatly appreciated by your recipients. So, let’s go craft these greeting cards right away.
Materials to make a St Patrick Day card:
- 1 sheet pale green foam paper,
- 1 sheet black foam paper,
- 1 sheet yellow foam paper,
- 2 big googly eyes,
- 1 sheet white construction paper,
- orange yarn,
- 1 black and 1 green permanent markers,
- A hot glue gun,
- 1 pair of scissors.
Directions to make such a fun Saint Patrick Day craft
1. We are going to make the St Patrick Day card in a portrait orientation. Fold the sheet of white construction paper into 2 parts (equal parts). Obviously, you can choose another color for the construction paper (just try to stick with Irish flag colors: white, green or orange).
2. Take the pale green sheet of foam paper and cut out the shape of a fedora-style hat. A dark green sheet of sponge paper would work wonders too.
3. Take the sheet of black foam paper and cut out a 1″/1.5 cm width strip while making sure the length is that of the fedora-styled hat. Out of the yellow sheet of foam paper, cut a rectangle. Cut out a smaller square from the small rectangle this will feature the buckle. Glue the yellow buckle in the middle of the black piece of sponge paper you just cut (as in the picture).
4. Now glue the black belt on the top of the brim of your fedora-styled hat.
5. So now you’re done with the foam paper St Patrick Day hat. You can glue it on the upper part of the white construction paper you fold into two parts.
6. Take the googly eyes and glue them right beneath the brim of the sponge paper Leprechaun hat.
7. The orange yarn will feature the Leprechaun’s beard. So cut small pieces of yarn. They don’t have to be all of the same size, though.
8. Glue the yarn pieces around the Leprechaun’s face. Actually the fact of gluing those pieces of yarn enable you to form the shape of this face. Glue them side by side so as to get a good outcome. Provide the Leprechaun’s face with a nicer look by cutting the excess length of the strips so as to even the ends of the beard.
10. Back to the yellow sheet of foam paper: cut out a nose – long, round, whatever: cut out the shape that best meets your needs. Glue the nose just below the eyes of your Leprechaun.
11. Draw two shamrocks on the bottom of the card (as in the picture). As an alternative you can cut out two shamrock shapes from the green sheet of foam paper and glue them on the bottom sides of the card as well.
12. Using the green marker, color the two shamrocks. Another alternative is the use of green glitter that would make your card sparkle and shine.
13. Allow your adorable handmade St Patrick Day card to dry and write your personal greetings on the inside.
14. Voilà! Your handmade St Patrick Day card is finally done. Send it to your loved one and make them feel lucky to have you think of them.
What now? Go ahead and have some more of these handmade St Patrick Day cards sent to your family and friends. Show the kids how to make such fun St Patrick Day crafts, change colors, add even more embellishments, and you’ll be on your way to a wide collection of personalized greetings to be sent.
Enjoy and have fun crafting for St. Patrick’s Day!