As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In this tutorial I’m going to show you how to make a bunny goodie bag to hold your child’s Easter candy gifts. During the Easter season, events are being held everywhere to celebrate the glorious holiday.
Kids, at the same time, accumulate candies, chocolate, small toys, eggs, etc. They now need a small pouch to accommodate everything. Bunny goodie bags make perfect buddies for the said occasion.
How to make a bunny goodie bag
Table of Contents
Here you are going to learn how to make a super easy Easter bunny craft. You and the kids can even make a bunny goodie bag for each and everyone of their pals who’re going to hunt for eggs on Easter Sunday.
These adorable felt bunny candy bags can also be given with treats inside during the Easter party – if you hold one. The kids will love it since this pouch is bunny-shaped. So if you’re looking for an easy Easter craft for kids, then try this one. You’ll be glad you did (remember to supervise the whole process).
Materials you need for this cute Easter craft for kids
- Craft felt – 1 x yellow, 1 x purple and 1 x pink (purple can be replaced with the color that that you like the most),
- Colored crochet thread,
- 1 big sewing needle (or especially meant for kids),
- 1 hot glue gun and glue,
- Optional: chocolate eggs.
Instructions to make this easy Easter bunny craft for kids
1. Cut the sheet of purple craft felt into two equal lengths. They will become the bunny goodie bag’s body. The bottom part of these two rectangular pieces of felt craft must be curvy – see picture above.
2. Sew the 2 pieces of felt together so as to form a pouch. Being sewing in the middle side of the felt, sew the curvy shape as well and stop in the middle of the other side. This way the topmost part of the pouch is still free. The result is half part of the U shape sewn. If you don’t know how to do, check the picture below.
3. Take the pink craft felt and cut out two bunny ears.
4. Using a running stitch, sew the pink bunny ears on the front layer of the U shaped purple felt – the part that is unsewn.
5. Once it’s done, cut out the two layers of purple felt that are between both ears and around their sides. Now your pouch has two ears and the bunny shape is starting to show.
6. We are now going to create the bunny goodie bag’s closing feature. For the purpose, double thread the needle and loop the end of it. Make sure the thread is quite long as it’s going to be the closure of your bag.
7. Run a big running stitch just below the Easter rabbit’s ears. Do not sew the two layers together, do this on one layer only.
8. Now that you’ve finished one layer, to the same to the other layer (the back of the bunny goodie bag to be). Note that you should make sure to have a considerable length of thread on both end sides of the pouch.
9. Make a loop on the end of the excess sides of the thread.
10. Do the loop on the other side of the thread, as well. This should look like this.
11. Take the yellow piece of felt craft and cut out the eyes and mouth of your bunny. From the pink felt craft, cut the eyeballs, nose and 2 big teeth. Glue the facial features of the rabbit.
12. Allow the glue to dry and fill the Easter candy bag with chocolate eggs.
13. To close the bunny candy bag, just pull the side threads of the pouch. That’s it, you’re done. Now go ahead and make some more of these adorable bunny goodie bags.
Children will be fond of these cute bunny goodie bags filled with chocolate eggs, candy, lollipops, gums or tiny toys. They’re just as much fun as Christmas stockings. They make excellent gifts but also Easter party favors to give your little guests this Easter.