Easy to do pirate cupcake recipe and design ideas
Pirate cupcake recipe ideas come in handy when you prepare a pirate birthday party. Apart from the party itself and the gifts, what do kids enjoy? Hm… I guess a cake or even better: cupcakes, which make perfect bite size treats for little hands.
If you’re looking for pirate cupcake recipe and design ideas, then here you are going to find some. Below is a list of pirate cupcake recipe ideas along with designs and the indispensable to help you make your little one’s party unique.
Vanilla cupcakes for pirate kids
Ingredients to make vanilla cupcakes:
- 5 oz/150 g butter
- 5 oz/150 g sugar
- 3/4 cup/175 g flour
- 1 ts baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla aroma
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F/180° C
- Put cupcake liners in the cupcake pan
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl
- Add all ingredients and beat for 2 minutes with a mixer, whether electric or manual
- When the mixture is creamy, pour it into the cupcake liners
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they’re risen and firm
- Cool them for a while
- Once cold, decorate them with icing or frosting
- Display on a cupcake holder
Pirate chocolate bite size cakes of my own
Ingredients to make pirate chocolate bite size cakes of my own (for 6 persons):
- 1/2 cup/100 g dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup/100 g butter
- 1/4 cup/50 g flour
- 5 ounces/150 g sugar
- 3 eggs
The best tool to prepare such fake cupcakes or mini-cakes (they’re flat but have a bite size that comes in so handy when hosting a kids party), is to use a muffin pan so that the mini-cakes get their final shape right from the start. If you get a silicone pan it’s better as it will ease the process of removing the fake cupcakes from the pan and will help you not break them.
Directions to realize pirate chocolate mini-cakes:
- Pre-heat the oven to 325° F/160° C
- Melt chocolate and butter on low heat
- Beat eggs with sugar and flour
- Assemble with butter and chocolate mixture
- Pour the mixture in a cake pan
- Bake for 20 min in the oven
You will then get small cakes which look like brownies. Allow the flat cakes to cool down, decorate each one as a pirate face with colored icing or frosting. As an alternative you can just top it with chantilly and finish with a pirate cupcake topper.
Pirate cupcake decoration ideas
Pirate cupcake recipe ideas are one thing, yet you need to turn those sweet treats into something your child and her pals will never forget… Therefore, you will need some pirate cupcake decorating ideas. Most of these consist of wraps, toppers and stands – but frosting and icing work also pretty well for more advanced bakers. Personally I think that decorating time is the best part of the activity. I very much prefer to decorate a cake or some cupcakes than bake them.
So, to help you put your creativeness at work, here are some cute pirate decorations for cupcakes that you can use. They will make your kids pirate birthday cupcakes stand out. If you’re skilled, you can use frosting and/or icing to make pirate themed decorations on your cupcakes. The possibilities are almost endless and you’re only limited by your imagination.
These sweet treats will also look better on a themed cardboard pirate stand… So here we go, girls and boys will be thrilled to see their treats displayed on pirate ship cupcake stand.
Wilton Cupcake Decorative Combo Pack, Pirate, 24-PackPirate Party Cupcake Wrappers with Picks – Makes 50 CupcakesMeri Meri Cupcake Kits, Ahoy There PirateWilton 415-2194 Pirate Cupcake Decorating Kit24 pc Pirate Face Cupcake RingsPirate Hat Cupcake Rings – 24 ctFinger Puppets Toy Pirate Party Favor Cake Topper (24 per package)Wilton Pirate Cupcake Hugger Fun Pix, 12 CountPirate Ship Cupcake HolderPink Pirate Cupcake Holder. 13 1/4
Banana and chocolate pirate birthday cake
You little one might just prefer an intricate and one-of-a-kind pirate ship cake – or other pirate themed cake (pirate face, parrot, etc.) Stores provide you with a range of such themed pans. And here’s a fantastic cake recipe that will perfectly match your pirate birthday party theme: a banana and chocolate recipe that will impress your kids’ party guests.
Ingredients to prepare a banana and chocolate pirate cake (8 persons):
- 4 oz/125 g buter
- 9 ounces/250 g sugar
- 5 oz/150 g dark chocolate
- 2 bananas
- 6.8 oz/20 cl cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a bit of salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
Directions to realize a banana and chocolate pirate cake:
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F/180° C
- Melt chocolate over a low heat till it becomes creamy – must not be liquid
- Pour butter in a large bowl and mash for a while
- Add 200g sugar, scrambled bananas, cream, egg yolks and vanilla extract
- Mix these ingredients until creamy
- Slowly add flour and baking soda
- Beat egg whites and the salt into “snow” until firm while you slowly add the remaining sugar
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture in a pirate shaped cake pan
- Put chocolate in a piping bag and draw a few figures on the mixture in the cake pan so that it brings a marbled effect to the cake
- Pour the remaining 1/2 of the mixture upon the chocolate
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes
- When the cake is baked, allow to cool down for a while before you start to decorate
The best way to create a pirate ship birthday cake without failing, is through the use of a shaped baking pan. Here’s one that will definitely make your treat the center of the attention at the party. It is a large one (13″ x 11″), made out of aluminium and intricately detailed.
Drinks for a pirate birthday party for kids
I do believe that any kind of non alcoholic drink is welcome to such a get together. Yet, for more fun, you can get sparkling apple juice or other flavored limonade. This will give the kids the impression they drink champagne. After all, in the past centuries, champagne wasn’t the expensive beverage it has become; it was just a simple beverage (reserved to adults of course), like any other one.
Aren’t pirates supposed to sail the seas? From time to time, they can even reach some island lost in the ocean. For a more adventurous feel, serve the pirate drinks in plastic coconut cups. Some come with a lid so as to make sure the beverage is preserve from external disasters.
Enjoy your little one’s pirate birthday party.