If you are looking for tasty Luau party recipes for food and drinks, you have come to the right place. In another page, I walked you through the best Luau party ideas for kids and grownups. Here I’m going to talk through the most delightful Luau party recipes that you can offer to your guests.
Super tasty Luau party recipes
Table of Contents
- Super tasty Luau party recipes
- Hawaiian Luau party drink recipes
- Luau party food ideas and recipes
- Hawaiian avocado salad recipe
- Hawaiian pineapple salad recipe
- Hawaiian crab salad recipe
- Hawaiian coconut shrimps recipe
- Ingredients to make the dough:
- Hawaiian pineapple pork recipe
- Hawaiian chicken kabobs recipe
- Ingredients for marinade:
- Chicken kabobs ingredients:
- Hawaiian Luau party decorations
- Basic Hawaiian Words to Use at the Party
You can’t throw a fantastic Hawaiian party without providing your guests with the best foods and drinks. And since that kind of parties aren’t held every day of the year, you want to make things right.
In this page, you are going to find Hawaiian Luau party food recipes along with luau party drink recipes and also some more decorating ieas for you to set up the best Hawaiian Luau party ever.
Hawaiian Luau party drink recipes
The best way to start an entertaining Luau party is with a drink. Below you will find Hawaiian Luau party drink recipes to prepare with and without alcohol. Be careful when drinking alcoholic beverages and always provide appetizers to your guests so that they don’t get drunk.
Recipe for Mai Tai cocktail (alcoholic)
The most popular Hawaiian party drink is, by all means, the Mai Tai. So here is a recipe for Mai Tai cocktail you should give a try to. This one includes alcohol and is meant for adults only.
- 50 cl (2 cups) dark rum
- 50 cl (2 cups) rum
- 25 cl (1 cup) orange curacao or Cointreau
- 25 cl (1 cup) sugar cane syrup
- 25 cl (1 cup) orgeat or almond syrup
- Lime juice (10 limes)
- 1/2 gallon fresh orange juice
Directions for making Mai Tai:
- Use a large jar to prepare the cocktail.
- Pour rum, Curacao or Cointreau, both syrups and lime juice in it,
- shake and add orange juice.
- Serve with crushed ice.
Recipe for Mai Tai cocktail for kids (non alcoholic)
Kids will also enjoy sipping a Mai Tai cocktail at the party. For them, you can make half a gallon or more non alcoholic Mai Tai drink. Adults who do not enjoy alcohol will also be grateful for the thought.
How to make a Mai Tai for kids – ingredients:
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grenadine
- 2 L (1/2 gallon) fresh orange or grapefruit juice
- Pour both juice and grenadine in a large jar;
- Serve fresh along with kabobs made out of diced fruits like pineapple, cherries, mango, etc.
Luau party food ideas and recipes
When it comes to food, I’m quite picky so you can be assured that all recipes here are not just easy Luau party recipes to make but they are also extremely tasty. As you know, when people are happy with food and drink, they’re greateful to the hostess for the hard work she put into entertaining them. With the following Luau party food ideas and recipes, you should get a great start for you to prepare the dinner buffet. Your guests will be impressed with your cooking skills. Let’s begin with Hawaiian salads and their recipes.
Hawaiian avocado salad recipe
Avocados make a fantastic base for all kinds of salads. Since most Luau parties are hosted in summertime, the avocado salad detailed blow will be a hit on your buffet table. Your guests will definitely appreciate such a refreshing salad.
- 4 cups spinash
- 1 fresh chopped papaya
- 1 fresh chopped avocado
- 2 chopped oranges
- 1 md chopped red onion
- 250 g (1 cup) diced ham
- Pour all ingredients in a large bowl,
- Mix all together,
- Season with a vinaigrette made out of pineapple and lemon juice, olive oil,
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Hawaiian pineapple salad recipe
Pineapple is a must when it comes to tasty Luau party recipes. Pineapple is one of the main Hawaiian ingredients and it is used in all types of meals. Whether sweet and sour, salted or sweet dishes, pineapple agreeably surprise your guests’ palates.
- 250 g (1 cup) diced grilled chicken
- 250 g (1 cup) diced pineapple (prefer to use fresh pineapple but canned is good too)
- 1 chopped lettuce
- 125 g (1/2 cup) macadamia nuts (chopped and grilled)
- 3 md onions, chopped
- 50 g (1/4 cup) grated coconut
- Pour all ingredients in a large bowl and mix all together.
- Season with vinaigrette made out of pineapple juice, vinegar or lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
Hawaiian crab salad recipe
Another Luau salad that should be found on your table is the crab salad. Seafood is one of the popular Hawaiian ingredient. This is why this dish should be placed on your Luau buffet table. Adapt quantities accordingly to the number of guests.
- 6 boiled and diced potatoes
- 4 diced hard-cooked eggs
- 150 g (6 ounces) fresh crab flesh or 1 can crab meat
- 250 g (1 cup) diced fresh or canned pineapple
- 1 grated carrot
- Low fat mayonnaise to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl pour cold diced potatoes, diced eggs, crab flesh and grated carrot.
- Add mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste and slowly mix the preparation.
- You can add shrimps if you like or any other boiled or grilled seafood you like if you want.
Hawaiian coconut shrimps recipe
Seafood is entire part of these tasty Luau party recipes. It is always a great way to entertain your guests. I suggest to us this coconut shrimp recipe as starters or appetizers. If you opt for providing this dish as a main course, I recommend adding a side dish such as pineapple rice.
- 800 g (3 cups) cooked and peeled shrimps
- 100 g (1/3 cup) bread crumbs
- 150 g (1/2 cup) grated coconut
Ingredients to make the dough:
- 125 g (1/2 cup) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 15 cl (1 pint) beer
- 4 teaspoons milk
- 1 egg
- Mix flour, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- In another bowl, beat beer, milk and egg.
- Pour this mixture into the first bowl.
- Dough is now ready.
- In two other bowls, pour bread crumbs and coconut.
- Next pour shrimps in dough, mix so that dough sticks to the shrimps.
- Then pour the shrimps into bread crumbs and into grated coconut.
- Fry for 5 minutes.
- Keep warm before serving.
Hawaiian pineapple pork recipe
People will love eating this amazingly tasty pineapple pork. This meal is an excellent way to have them remember this evening for long. They might even ask you to share your recipe.
- 700 g (2 1/2 cups) diced pork (filet mignon)
- 1 diced fresh pineapple
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 chopped clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspooon powdered chicken broth
- 30 g (1 ounce) butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspooon powdered chicken broth
- In a large pan, warm butter and oil.
- When hot, pour pork filets cook.
- Remove from the pan and pour chopped onions and garlic.
- Once cooked, remove and replace with diced pineapple.
- When pineapple is cooked, pour pork, onions, garlic into the pan and add rum. Fire.
- Add lemon juice and 1 teaspoon chicken broth, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and slowly cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Hawaiian chicken kabobs recipe
One of the most popular Hawaiian style recipe is the chicken kabobs with pineapple. You should thus prepare them for the greatest pleasure of your party attendees. Barbecued chicken kabobs are great element of buffet dinner and summertime is ideal period of the year for hosting such an event in the backyard.
Ingredients for marinade:
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rum
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 chopped cloves garlic
- ginger powder or sliced fresh ginger to taste
Chicken kabobs ingredients:
- 4 diced chicken breasts
- 1 can diced pineapple
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, rum, sesame oil, ginger and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Add diced chicken and pineapple in the mixture.
- Place in the fridge for a while.
- Before the dinner party begins, thread chicken and pineapple diced onto skewers, make sure to alternate 1 dice chicken with 1 dice pineapple.
- Add onions if you like.
- Grill until completely cooked.
Hawaiian Luau party decorations
Tabletop Tiki HutSwitching from Luau parties for kids to adult events is not something that is hard to do. While you’re putting the finishing touches to the food, ask hubby to set up the Luau mood to the backyard. Remove the children’s embellishments and replace them with adult oriented ones.
Dress the buffet table in an admirable Luau tablecloth, spread some inflatable palm tree coolers in the area and fill them with soda and beer cans. Arrange the tiki hut or the tabletop tiki hut as it will become the bar area where you’re going to prepare your guests’ cocktails.
Add potato chips and other appetizers on the buffet table so as to make sure to have everything ready for the first party guests.
Since you surely used all paper cups that were included in your kids’ Luau party supplies package, serve adult drinks in othe recipients. For a Luau party there’s no best drink container than a real coconut cup (with straw) decorated with a lovely hibiscus flower.
Bring more of the Luau spirit to the party by giving your guests a cute mini hula skirt. Light up the Luau themed battery operated paper lanterns, coconut votive candles and bamboo & shell torches, they’ll perfectly add to the atmosphere at dusk.
Obviously, you can reuse the CDs you played during the kids party.
Basic Hawaiian Words to Use at the Party
To add some more fun and entertainment, I suggest to learn some Hawaiian words. This will make you able to welcome your guests in Hawaiian and list the dishes you’re going to serve in Hawaiian. All party attendees will be agreeably surprised!
Basic Hawaiian words:
- Greetings! Hello! Good-bye! Farewell –> Aloha
- Thank you –> Mahalo
- I appreciate your coming to my party –> Mahalo au i kau hele ‘ana mai i ku’u pa’ina